Children & Youth with Brain Injuries Practical Strategies Workshop
June 7 & 8, 2018
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Lexington Hotel & Conference Centre
50 Brady Street, Sudbury, Ontario
The workshops focus on enhancing clinical skills in assessment, engagement and intervention with families of children and youth who have sustained an acquired brain injury (ABI)
Register Online Now! Click Here
March of Dimes Canada in partnership with Holland Bloorview & Thomson Rogers is hosting Children & Youth with Brain Injuries Practical Strategies Workshop in Sudbury. All proceeds will be donated to Brain Injury Association Sudbury & District.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Case managers, Social workers, Psychologists, Nurses, OTs, PTs, SLPs
Rehabilitation counsellors or clinicians in general practice who are interested in learning more about brain injury in children and adolescents and how best to help.
ABI Caregivers /Family Members
* To register as a caregiver or family member, please contact us directly at
(705) 671-3188 ext.237 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
* By attending these invaluable workshops, you can also gain continuing education credits
GOALS OF WORKSHOP
- Recognize the effects of ABI in children, adolescents and their families
- Identify clinical approaches and strategies for engaging kids and supporting families after pediatric ABI
- Review updates around accident benefits and Catastrophic Impairment in children with ABI
For the Brain Injury Family Intervention – Adolescents (BIFI-A) Intensive Workshop:
- Learn how to implement the BIFI-A program, through small group interactive sessions, role plays, vignettes and video-tapes.
- Learn about a structured approach and acquire practical tools for working effectively with families after pediatric ABI
- Describe implementation of the BIFI-A protocol for families of adolescents with ABI