What’s an AGM?
An annual general meeting (AGM) is a mandatory yearly gathering of a companies/organizations members. At the AGM, the directors of the company present an annual report, which contains information for members about its performance and strategy. Active members with voting rights vote on current issues, such as appointments to the board of directors.
During the meeting, members are presented with minutes from the previous AGM, an agenda and financial statement for the previous year. Members are provided membership cards, updates on previous events and upcoming opportunities.
2017 Annual General Meeting
The 2017 AGM was held Tuesday, September 19, 2017. Membership Matters! The AGM reflected January 1-December 31, 2016.
- In 2016, BIASD created the Quality of Living Bursary which allocates funding to support members access activities of enjoyment, personal growth and well being. Applications are reviewed by a committee and funds are allocated based on funds available and the number of applicants. Rolly Paquette was the 2016 recipient.
- BIASD is pleased to announce that Charles Tossell was the successful applicant of the QOLB in 2017. Charles participates in all BIASD events. He actively promotes our services in the community and is interested in enhancing his public speaking. Charles requested BIASD to fund the cost of toast masters membership. Congratulation Charles! We look forward to hearing about your experience.
- Community Engagement and Education: BIASD was asked to present in schools, and community agency about brain injury, prevention and strategies
- Membership is growing! We currently have 70 members which are comprised of survivors, caregivers and supporters.
- Peer Support Program is recruiting new partners and mentors. Click here to learn more1